Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Hoopla

Obama is receiving too much flack for his comments. People cannot allow themselves to be dictated to by the majority race. I could care less what people think about me or my "people". So for those folks who say that Obama was wrong and you should be overly conscientious about what you say. I say the truth hurts. I had a daddy at home, so what he was saying didn't apply to me, but I teach for a living and I know plenty of people that this applies to. At any rate, maybe it is better for people to look at the impact he will have on young black men/boys. You can't retrain deadbeat daddy's. Lets just look at the next generation. If the older people want to get on board, good, but if not we have to speak to the next generation. I do this all the time. I have students that tell me how their parents didn't go to school, and how their parents don't make them do work. My response to them is so. I know this sounds harsh, but I ask them if they want to break the cycle. They say yes, and I tell them that it starts with them. So what if you are just a kid. You too can make a change in your life.

No comments: