Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I still Can't Believe it. My President is Smart ..........

Today Barack Hussein Obama will be sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America. This is going to be a historic day. I thought I was going to have to watch it at school, but we have a snow day! Thank you God. I will get to watch the inauguration at home with my husband and my children. It is going to be an all day celebration/extravaganza and I can't wait.

My father, grandfather, and both my grandmothers would have loved to see this day. I hope that God allows them to see it. My dad would have loved this election season, and my grandmothers and I would have been on the phone constantly to discuss..... It would have been cheap too. I would have put them in my circle. LOL. My Grandma Daisy would be happier than a pig in the sunshine.

I am sure that President Obama will not be a saint, and I am sure that I will not agree with all of his policies. I am encouraged however. I will at least know that there was some careful thought and logic in his decision making process. He is an educated man. He is one of the best and the brightest, and he seems to have a high emotional intelligence quotient. I like that fact that he is smarter than I am. I also like that fact that his wife is smart and accomplished too. They remind me of the folks that I know and associate with, black professionals. Folks that navigated the system and carved out a niche for themselves. They are educated black folks. I like that.

I am not a fan of our current and soon to be former President. He just didn't take this job as seriously as I would have liked, and the world and the US suffered for it. May the election of Obama be the start of a renewed sense of goodwill. Lord knows we need it. Hopefully this will mean that we all try to do our very best, and that we stop being so darn selfish. If anyone needs to see what selfishness can bring, just look at the last eight years.

I am a little greatful to G-Dub. If he wasn't such a collosal failure, we would never have taken a chance on the Junior Senator from Illinois.

Good Luck and Godspeed President Elect Obama.

Dad, Grandma Daisy and Ruth
This post is dedicated to you.



Me and my Daddy ( I miss you so much daddy)

Grandma Ruth and Grandma Daisy( I miss you too.)
Grandma Daisy( One of the Reasons I love Politics and Tiger Woods)

No comments: