Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just buy the school supplies already!

I awakened this morning to the following facebook post and responses..

Looking at my kids supply list for school..what they are asking is completely ridiculous...will they even use that many supplies this year??? Seriously smh.

Me too I was lookn at the kids list. I'm like this is truly sick....
I know right???...they should reallyhave a surplus at year end... smh

Now u know the some teachers add their kids list to the sheet hoping somebody falls for it!LOL

the list is a bit excessive. ziploc bags, 3 rolls of paper towels and 3 boxes of tissue... they can't afford tissue?


News flash parents! We are in a recession. so we understand that you have been hit hard by said recession. We get it. But consider this... last year we had a swine flu scare. Those clorox wipes and lysol the teachers requested, kept our swine flu cases down to 3. Guess what else?If you don't buy these items we buy them.

The school supply list and the wish list are just what they are called. If you can't afford the supplies on the list, trust me, we provide your child with the items they need. That wish list, is just that a wish list. We know we are not going to get everything on that list, but we ask because it is one less thing we buy out of our pockets.

Oh yeah, and that recession that you are experiencing? We are experiencing it as well. We haven't seen a raise since Buck was a calf, and sadly our class sizes have increased because teachers have been laid off. Let's just say that I am well aware of what has to be bought... If you don't buy it I will have to. Oh and think of all the years I have bought things for your kids... Mind you, at that point in time I didn't have any children.

Please be mindful of others. Especially the people that spend more time with your children than you do. That's right.. the teacher.

Okay, rant over!

1 comment:

Mrs. Tenkely said...

Amen on that rant. For all the supplies they are buying, it still doesn't cover it. What those comments tell me is that those parents aren't spending much time in the classroom. Boxes of tissues go fast with sniffling little ones!