Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My True North (I still have dreams)

I used to have these big awesome dreams of being someone "special". For me that meant that I would be rich and successful, and have all of the accoutrements of the American Dream. I used to want to be the President of the United States. I had a great deal of conviction, wide eyed optimism and hubris. However, reality intruded into my life and I became a shell of my former idealistic self. The beauty of this experience has forced me to grow up, and now that I am a wife and mother, I have changed my outlook on life for the better. You don't have to be the big Kahuna to make a difference.

I have rediscovered My True North. I get up every morning and go off to work to teach "other people's children." Now that sounds crazy, but that is my pet name for them. It matches my wry sense of humour. I am changing my little corner of the world one child at a time. I do wish I could have a moment in the spotlight.... Indulge my inner-movie star, and if I decide to participate, I will have the opportunity to shine.

True North Snacks is sponsoring a contest that allows you to share your passion. If chosen, there will be a 90 second spot during the 2009 Academy awards and a $25,0000 prize. All you have to do is write a 300 word narrative and upload pictures or videos to show you and how you express your True North. If you are truly interested in participating in this contest visit http://www.truenorthsnacks.com/story.

No comments: