Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Morning Hangover (I bought them too much again)




Each year I set a budget for my Christmas shopping.  I even downloaded a Christmas list app, and lo and behold... I still overspent.  I purchase things with my children in mind and this time was no exception.  The problem is, I still have not purchased any clothes for them.  This year they all are attending schools that do not require uniforms.  So they are going to need clothes too.  I still have people on my list and I probably should feel guilty, but I do not.

I have a confession to make.... I love to give gifts.  Gift giving makes me feel so good.  And once I got out of my own way I realized that I love giving so much more than receiving.  Since I had my babies, I have realized that I don't really care much about gifts.... The only person I expect a gift from is my spouse.... Any extra is just gravy.  I also don't purchase gifts for myself until after Christmas, if I decide to purchase them at all.  So I say that I am upset at my spending.... but I am lying.  I am not.  Let's just hope that in January, I am not crying the blues.  I hope you all got out and did a little shopping, or in my case did a little shopping online.

I am leaving you with a little music to get you in the mood.....

No comments: